Saturday, April 29, 2006

Vox Populae

as i crossed the empty parking lot in darkness behind me voices spoke

All: Don't worry

Soprano: It's all right
Alto: It will be alright
Tenor: It's going to be alright
Bass: It's gonna be awl rite

not sung
spoken
simultaneously
a strange chorus
of equal thoughts

I spun round
saw no one
though these voices
came at my back

fear

paranoia

curiosity?

who had done this?
what trick had been played?

I concluded

hallucination

angels

aliens

into my car
I readied myself
for a new communication

sat still
waited
nothing

driving home
two voices
same message

silly me
I actually turned to look

only crazy people hear voices

but my voices brought comfort
they did not degrade
or reprimand

comfort at a time when comfort was needed

even if they did scare the shit out of me

I told no one

afraid of the consequences of truth

if you say that to hear voice from within is insanity
I must disagree

rather
illusion lies in thinking the voices you hear
come from without

insanity
is listening to any voice that says
you are less than you are

1 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Interesting. Nice poetry, really.

1:21 AM, April 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home