Saturday, May 06, 2006

miss

1
cries
of my neverborn
echo
in the cavern
of my empty womb
as last drops
of remembrance
turn from red
to yellow
to clear

my body searches for you
in nightly sweats

my breast ache
through to my heart

I grab for air
in great shudders

nothing
will bring
you back
into me

into focus

only other babies
are everywhere
every talk show host
has every pregnant
drug addict
on TV
flaunting
full bellied
lack of care
or
good intention

my despair
becomes a howl

2
I am advised
to get over it

IT

I so need words
of sympathy
understanding
comfort

please
I have lost my baby

I'm sorry

I refuse
to forget

IT

to get over

IT

so well
as to be left
with no heart
at all

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Ballard said...

Yup...definitely a bit of Plath knocked off there.

8:26 AM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home