Saturday, May 06, 2006

dedication

Here together
safe within this poem
I can not bleed
and you can not die

we can eat raspberries
right off this bush
without getting pricked

a warm sun
will always shine
on your bouncing curls
as you run across our lawn
quarter in hand
to meet the ice-cream truck

I can smooth your sheets
run my hand over your lean fair chest
feel your heart beating
as I tuck you in each night

But when I leave
the safety of this poem
I must leave you behind
on this page

I must return to a place
where
sun holds no warmth
food has no taste
where
mothers bleed
babies die

and fair is just a four letter word

1 Comments:

Blogger Majenta said...

I like this! I love the idea of escaping into the words... the poem. Escaping to such an ideal place...

Such a sad implication though. Usually accompanying the reason for escape in most cases.

I am glad I found your blog.

9:03 PM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home