Wednesday, September 06, 2006

menomorphosis

Each night
my life
hot flashes
before
my eyes

present payment
for past
ridicule
as
radiation
has shriveled
my ovaries
into
little black BB's

now I regret
my harsh words
directed at
Those Women

"can't they take
a little heat?"

"what wimps"

now I know
and I am sorry

I look forward
to winter
( I always hated winter)

I can't live
without a/c
( I always hated a/c)

I am tempted to cut
my waistlength hair
( I always hated short hair)

I am becoming someone
other than myself

just after I thought
I had figured out
who I am

7 Comments:

Blogger Oh great One said...

Oh no! Not hot flashes! My M-I-L used to get them. I could see her face go flush. They made her miserable.

6:19 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger pilgrimchick said...

That was great--I really, really liked it. The concept of changing oneself--seeing in yourself the changes in comparison to what you once thought about who you were--amazing part of personal growth.

7:52 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger jin said...

I liked it as well.

I used to have waist length hair. I always hated shoert hair. LOL.

I cut it less than shoulder length about 2 years ago as a last ditch effort to ease my migraines. It didn't help! LOL....ahhh....have let it grow now. (Quit eating most dairy, that seems to have done the trick! Now I want my hair to grow faster! LOL)

10:48 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Sicilian said...

I get night sweats. . . I didn't realize that they were an indicator of peri-menopause.
Somehow this stuff isn't all that much fun.
Great poem.
Ciao

11:09 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Fuff said...

I hate a/c to, until wilting, then I love it. I'm still hanging in there with waist length hair. When I'm tempted to have it cut, I clip it up. Have cut it all off before and regretted it.

3:14 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Edward said...

Don't cut your hair.

Never.

Cut.

Your.

Hair.

The world would be a better place if all women everywhere simply learned that rule of thumb.

7:50 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Jose Chavez said...

Hmm.. Good think you're not my mommy or else.. oh dear.

6:59 PM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home