Friday, July 06, 2007

Two minds with one old plan

The poet said
"pale and wan,
here it is,
two thousand and seven."
The poet sits
at a baseball game
with no change of clothes.

Today, May 21, 2007,
one hundred years
he and I recline here.
One group after after another.
Please help me to understand this--
my relationship with this tree.
My plan is to write.

Which nineteenth century poet died
of cervical cancer?

'pale and wan':
Where is she now?
my hands ...
Where was I then?
We only glanced--
struck by beauty
not pulled by its
coursing desire.
How not in our time,,,
How a time is authored
in a moment
in a hug
in a wheelchair.

The times change little;
Medications change little;
Pain is the same.

written for
her memory
Knowing she would
need it now
Knowing and worried
about them

3 Comments:

Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

Fairscape's last poem. She didn't get to edit it. I put it together as best I could from 2 drafts: one dictated and one scrawled. May this suggest what it could have been.

2:59 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Mummified said...

I am doing a public reading of some of my poetry in November in Melbourne, Australia. May I have your permission to read one of fairsCape's poems in her honour ? Would that be OK ?

4:22 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

Yes, read whatever you like from the blog.

11:37 AM, September 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home