Saturday, December 16, 2006

sights seen - an old poem revisited

liquid copper sunshine
ignites a grey crepe paper sky
informs our harbour waters
in an uncharacteristic
shade of peach
while white organza mist
lifts from its
pearlescent surface

in a nearby thicket
nascent buds
tipped with peridot dew
remind me winter
can not last

spring pleads with me
promising early relief
from this barren time

using memories
I have collected
to take with me
as I die
I imagine
a smiling blue sky
carrying a tickle
of warm southern air

fragrance of fresh lavender
crushed between fingertips

yielding spring of awakening greengrass
beneath my lover's hips

holding this season to its word

I will remain for now

3 Comments:

Blogger Sicilian said...

Fair. . . it was beautiful. .. I loved it.
Miss your stuff. .. write more for me . . . PLEASE.
Ciao

8:12 AM, December 16, 2006  
Blogger Fuff said...

I concur with Sicilian.

3:21 PM, December 16, 2006  
Blogger Edward said...

You want my opinion of the money line?

yielding spring of awakening greengrass

1:36 AM, December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home