Tuesday, June 13, 2006

queen of heaven

all men are haunted
by living dead

that one woman
who it was "UH!" with...

it doesn't take much
to start her walking
a breeze
a scent
sight of long hair swaying

and there she is
and is gone

you fools

men console each other
yea bro, I feel you, it's Hard
when they think we're not paying attention

silly boys
you'd think they'd learn
we're always
listening

so you
listen Hard
little brothers

don't take
nothin' for granted

when That Woman
comes into your life
don't fight it

place stars around her feet

or she'll ghost you

forever

7 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

Fairscape, you make me happy.

8:51 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Oh great One said...

YEAH! What you said!

7:05 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Pat said...

Wonderful - as always!

8:44 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger pilgrimchick said...

That was brilliant--competely brilliant. It reminds me of how Sting (ok, yeah, Sting, and no, I am not much of a fan) sang the song "Fields of Gold." I love it.

And yes, men are morons. At least most, if not all, of us women can allow ourselves the consolation that to at least one man in this world, we were "that" woman.

3:11 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger ps said...

that was lovely. sigh.

3:37 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Edward said...

I keep coming back to this one which generally means that I like it... a lot.

"Or she'll ghost you forever" is a great turn of phrase.

1:39 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Angel In Disguise said...

F

Been google searching while I’ve been out haunting?

Funny, I distinctly remember telling my butler, Mr. Stat to lock all the doors before he left but it appears that he must of forgotten to lock one of them while I was gone.

hmmm.....

My compliments to you, great verse.

3:43 PM, June 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home